Sunday, January 31, 2010

Daddy's Girl




"Daddy's girls will not settle for just any man. They are usually sweet, kind, but not push-overs. They know what they want in life, and won't let anyone stop them from getting it."

My dad lives in Chicago and he is the best dad in the whole world. I miss my dad so much! He is my role model and my best friend. He is a great listener and gives me awesome advice. Anytime I need him, day or night, it doesn't matter what time it is, he is there for me. I once had a horrible situation with a friend and I was pretty much stranded and out of town...I called my dad at 3:30 in the morning and he woke up, booked me in the nearest hotel and pretty much saved my life! Even when I need tiny little stupid advice/feedback on anything, I can always call my dad. I am so lucky to have him in my life and I wish he would move to LA!

Ever since I was a little girl my dad has supported my acting career. When I was probably six or seven my dad bought a video camera for me. He would set it up and leave the room and I would just entertain the camera with stories. LOL. Then I would make up commercials and make my dad film them.

Freshman year of high school, my dad came to my play, "Get Smart." He said I was SO good. I focused on POMS and he never missed a football or basketball game!

Then in college, in Chicago, my dad would frequently sit in the front row of my Second City shows. At the end of every show, my dad would ALWAYS come backstage. He was the only person who would dare sneak back there. He was so proud of me and made me feel so good because after each show he would hug me and whisper, "Alex, you were the best one! I told you that you were good at this!"

It's really great to have so much positive encouragement in my life from my dad. He has always taught me to TAKE ON THE WORLD. That quote drives every day of my life.

I hope that my daddy is proud of me.

Much Love World,
Alexandra