Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Somewhat Single in San Diego




Hey World,

So speaking of taking off my clothes, the weather in San Diego is wonderful and my new obession is shorts with boots. I love that look. My vacation is going well, however I have been doing work while on vacation, which is not really anything out of the ordinary for me.

I'm looking forward to the beginning of my video blog. That will be so much fun!
* * *
I had this crazy experience on the set of The Break Up. I was asked to be a featured dancer and I had a blast! Furthermore, I was asked to be in the "Strip Poker Scene." At first, I accepted this opportunity, when called by the AD, he said, "You will be topless in this scene." I was still in high school and all I could think was, "My dad is going to watch this movie." No way. I can't do that. I told the AD that I couldn't do it but thanked him for the opportunity.

Everything works out in the end. I remember when I saw the final cut of the movie, I was happy with my decision. I know my brand. I'm comfortable with my image and aware that I'm the innocent good girl, but ironically enough, I'm becoming a sex symbol.


Q & A Segment:

Mike: Does your agent want you to take off your clothes?

That is a tricky question Mike, because if one is lucky and has an agent that has your best interest, they will support you in your decision to say, "no" to nudity. However, some agents have other priorities. I've had three different agents and all have been supportive and accepted it as part of my image. I did have one agent send me out on an audition for multiple roles, some of which required nudity, in which case I simply told the casting director, "I'm not interested in the roles that require nudity." However, I realize that knocked me out of the running for three or four of the lead female roles and I didn't book the part.

That's okay with me.

Clif: What is Meisner-trained?

Well...I love talking about this! I am a Meisner trained actress. This means that I have not personally trained with Meisner, but I have studied with teachers who were taught under Sandy Meisner's peers/pupils. I love Meisner but I consider myself to be more of a method actress and I follow Stanislavski. I really appreciate the Meisner training that I did undergo because it gave me a chance to learn more about my method. Meisner helped me reach a breakthrough in my acting. I was able to connect on a whole new level and honestly break boundaries. Meisner gave me a chance to open up and really take risks. It's important to make strong choices and take risks. "Saying yes" is key, as well as knowing what you want and what tactics you are going to implement. However, Meisner for me was great because besides breaking new ground, I learned to maintain focus on my scene partner. It's all about them. Acting is reacting. How can one react if they don't pay attention to their partner? What is the dream? I want to change them. What do I want?
* * *
Anyway, life is good over here in San Diego. I'm "Somewhat Single" in 2010. I've promised myself that I will remain in my current "Somewhat Single" state for 2010...which I can't really give more information about LOL

I'm a Scorpio...that's how we roll.