Monday, January 24, 2011

Falling in Love at Sky Bar





Hey World,
I was just thinking about Oliver Jacobs and how we were such a cute/photogenic couple lol :P He was a sweetheart. My first boyfriend in LA was pro tennis player / model, Oliver Jacobs.



This is such a funny story. When I first moved to LA, I lived in a two bedroom chateau right next to the Sky Bar. Sky Bar easily became a frequent stop for me at the beginning or end of many nights. I began to feel really comfortable there and used it as my common chill spot. Besides, my favorite restaurant at the time was Asia de Cuba, conveniently located in the hotel.



The night before my Purity movie premiere, I went to a friend's private party in Beverly Hills and on the way home, made a random last minute decision to stop by the Sky. I walked in and headed toward my usual private table overlooking the city. All of a sudden, this cute blonde guy with gorgeous blue eyes smiled at me. We caught each others' eyes and he came over to me. "Hey, I know you. You're famous right?" He said. I laughed really hard and smiled a lot. He was so cute.

"Well actually, yes. I have a movie premiere tomorrow! I'm so excited!" I responded smiling back.

"Well cheers baby. Let's have champagne."



Next thing you know, we were enjoying champagne and a randomly cute night together. After that we hung out a lot and starting going on cute dates. Then we did an engagement photo shoot together for a celebrity wedding photographer's ad. He said I looked like a princess and I called him my Polish Prince.

The story ends sweetly, as we ended on good terms. My Polish Prince vanished back to Poland to play Pro Tennis (he's ranked 2nd in the country for his level or whatever) and his family owns a lot of hotels so he went back to help with their business too.



"Baby, someday we will live in one of my parents' hotels," Oliver promised.
"Oh yeah?" I replied. "Maybe I don't want to live in a hotel, baby! LOL" I laughed back.

:-)

Love,
Lexi


Casa Del Mar, Santa Monica