Monday, March 8, 2010

I Wear My Sunglasses At Night


Hey World,

It has become a cultural norm. You often see people wearing sunglasses at night. I'm not going to lie, I've been doing this for like four years. I did it freshman year in Champaign...partying pretty hard. I would rock out in these sick Aviators at U of I football games. LOL. I do it a lot now, too. There is more than one relevant occasion to rock sunglasses at night...However, I will simply explore one.

If you don't feel hot, for whatever reason, you just throw on some shades and you're instantly allowed to hit up Lesbian Yogurt, Trader Joe's, Your Fav Cafe, or any other of your necessary chill spots/quick errands. It's totally cool if it's late at night, too. On more than one occasion I've hit up Lesbian Yogurt (not the real name) with friends, knowing I don't look "hot" and rocked some huge shades. Not looking "hot" can range from -- woops I'm not wearing bronzer, to, woops I'm rocking a juicy jumpsuit that was cool in 2001, but definitely not now.

Hmmm what else...I think a sick hat tops the sunglasses at night look pretty well. I'm not going to lie, I'll throw on a Ramones hat, Dodgers, whatever, if I feel like I need caffeine but I need "special" caffeine...I'm not in the mood to make my own coffee or tea...but I'm also not craving a super hot ensemble..Or what about when you just want to hit the gym after a real quick stop at your fav coffee shop? Duh. Sunglasses. At Night. or day. Whatever.

Love,
Lexi

P.S. Tom Fords are fun (mi piace) but I say get tons. You need like 18 diff colors/styles of sunglasses minimum bc you have to go with your mood, when throwing your shades on ;) Have a few sick pairs and then like 18ish inexpensive but hot, huge shades.....mmmmmmyeah