Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Back at LMU!! GO LIONS!




Hey World,

Today is Tuesday, August 31st: the first day of my last semester at Loyola Marymount University, the best school in the world! I love LMU so much. This fall I get to be a proud Lion again, which includes the following: lots of coffee, doing homework in advance in order to get my 2-a-Day work outs in, buying more LMU Lions stickers for my car (pretty ridiculous), laying out on the quad, enjoying KICKASS live bands on Tuesdays and Thursdays in between classes, constant FREE amazing food on campus...Well you get the idea, I love LMU. I am taking a full course load including two upper division level Public Relations courses, Debate, Communications in Relationships, an Independent Study at Sony Pictures Entertainment, and a private Acting class.


At LMU, this summer, I completed my PR Seminar (490) and enjoyed a practical experience working for a PR Firm. It was quite complementary to my acting career. PR continues to significantly impact successful business conduct.

Guess what?! I'm up 16% in popularity this week on IMDB!



I am currently working on finalizing my plans for the end of the PURITY feature film shoot in Chicago. After we finish our shoot, Jason and I will work on the final cut. Afterward, I have a shoot with my co-stars for the DVD Cover and movie posters. My co-stars have been wonderful work partners. Brandon Galatz is a passionate, motivated, intelligent, hard-working actor. In fact, he is one of the most reliable people I know. I call him anytime, anywhere, and no matter what he is doing, he will drop and give his full focus to me and to our work together. Brandon is Meisner-trained. I have a lot of respect for him and he does great work. I can relate to him since I also come from a background in Meisner. Besides, I am comfortable with him on set, and God knows, we have had some long bedroom scenes together!


Garrett Schude, who plays Collins, has such great energy! He refers to himself as "the corporate" one on set, which is a blessing to have...since everyone else is wildly creative. Garrett is confident, upbeat and ready to work! I love his enthusiasm on set!

I'm so lucky to be surrounded by a great group of people!

Troy Pryor is definitely a team player! Wow! Troy is talented, perseverant and relaxed on set. His focus and determination make him unstoppable!
* * *

Wanna Be An Actor?


Today's Topic: Your first Step, Acting Class
Where shall you begin your lifelong journey in the study of acting? Be careful. You do not want to take just any acting class. I recommend beginning with a basic Improv Class at The Second City. It will open you up, free your mind and give you the opportunity to enjoy Improv!

So my tip of the day: No matter what level of acting you have taken, every actor needs Improv and specifically you must take improv at Second City (Chicago preferably).

Love,
Alex